Shayne holds a Bachelor of Arts (majoring in Political Science and Public Administration) and a Bachelor of Commerce with Honours from Griffith University.
Before joining Council, she was an adviser to the Queensland Government and prior to this worked for former Prime Minister Kevin Rudd.
Elected in 2004 at the age of 25, Shayne is the youngest woman ever to be elected to Brisbane City Council. From 2008 – 2012, Shayne held the position of Leader of the Opposition in the Council. She is currently the Shadow Spokesperson City Planning and Infrastructure.
As the Councillor for Morningside Shayne has spearhead a number of community campaigns to deliver real outcomes for her local residents including current campaigns to upgrade Wynnum Road and to provide better public transport opportunities for local commuters.
Shayne is also well known for hosting a range of events for local families including regular Movies in the Park, and her annual Princesses and Pirates Day and Hocus Pocus Halloween Party.
Shayne works closely with local schools, sporting and community organisations and holds the following community positions:
- Patron, Camp Hill C & K
- Patron, Norman Park Senior Citizens Association
- Patron, Morningside Flyers Swimming Club
- Patron, Bulimba Memorial Bowls & Community Club Inc
- Patron, Bulimba Senior Citizens Association
- Patron, Southside Eagles Football Club
- Patron, Easts Tigers Rugby Union
- Patron, Bulimba Cricket Club
- Patron, Bulimba Judo Club
- Member, Morningside 3 Neighbourhood Watch
- Member, Friends of Balmoral Cemetery
- Member, Morningside Development Association
- Member, ZigZag Young Women’s Resource Centre
- Member, Carina Leagues Club
Shayne lives in Morningside with her husband Stephen, daughter Sarah and son Riley.
To receive news and events happening in the Morningside Ward, please email your full name, street address, and a request to be included in Shayne’s monthly email.
Shayne’s Office is located at 63 Oxford Street Bulimba (Cnr Love Street) and she loves helping people with the issues of concern to them.